Monday, June 8, 2015

Hit and Run

Some asshole hit my Miata in the Kirkland QFC parking lot Sunday afternoon.  Of course they left the scene of the crime without leaving a note.  You can't tell me that they didn't realize they hit my car.  Bastards.



I called the Kirkland PD and spoke to an officer, but there isn't really much they can do without a witness.  At times like this, I really hope there is something like Karma.  I hope Karma is giving the perp what they deserve and giving to them hard and often.

6/8 UPDATE:  So I went to Queen City Auto Rebuild this afternoon for an estimate.  They work on the local exotics and did my 164 and GTV in the past.  The estimate:  $2,000!  Anyone have any recommendations for something a tier or two below Queen City on the Eastside?

6/12 UPDATE 2:  Went to Millen Auto in Redmond. $2K from them as well. Bodywork is expensive!  Tuesday I visit the Allstate claims adjuster. We will see just how good the hands really are. I think after this I'm going to move it to a Hagerty classic policy. 

2 comments:

  1. Boooo hisss. That's something only a bast@rd would do. What is wrong with people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they would know better than to tangle with your car. Most everything else on the road would lose!

    ReplyDelete