Monday, June 23, 2014

Gianni's cars part 5: 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L

I traded the '76 Alfa Spider for a new 164L in 1992.  I bought the car from Bellevue Alfa Romeo when they were on NE 8th in Bellevue (its a Lamps Plus now).  The car was new, but was unsold (a sign of what was to come for Alfa in the U.S.).  It was my first and only new Alfa Romeo.  I owned the car until 2002.  I sold it to a guy that worked for Arthur Anderson.  I carfax'd the VIN a while back and found out the car was totaled about 6 months after I sold it.  What an unfitting end to a great car.  The 3.0 V-6 was the best part.



 
 
When we drove down to Monterey in 1994 for the Historics, we took the 164.  Here it is on the 17 Mile Drive.
 
 
And in the Alfa Romeo Association paddock at Laguna Seca for the Historic Races.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment